Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2008

Dottie's world Sunday challenge: A for acetate with a hint of pink

Oh dear, earlier on I made a bit of a bloomer, but thanks to a lovely cybercraft friend (you know who you are - angel) - I'm now on the right track.

This card is for the Sunday challenge on Dottie's World - And the Challenge is:-

A is for Acetate with a hint of pink!!
It can be a whole acetate card,an aperture of acetate,an embelishment as long as Acetate is there some where & as October is Breast Cancer awareness month I'd like to see some pink!!!

As we have just had an engagement announced in the family, I wanted to make a card, so I downloaded the Dottie Love and Marriage collection and printed this one out on to acetate, which I quickly embossed with a clear detail powder. I used watered-down Marvy and Whisper pens for the colouring.

The acetate is fastened to the crackled silver card with some brads from CBC

I mounted it on to a blue card, because I didn't want the whole card to become too pink!

As ever, it was difficult to get a photo without too much reflection on the acetate, which now looks as if it's creased in a couple of places, but it isn't.



I'm glad I found Dottie's World. If you're interested in getting some of the fab downloads, they can be located here.

8 comments:

  1. sweet card Hazel

    It's good to break the mould every now and then isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel it's fantastic! I've never managed to print successfully onto acetate so clever you!Those heart shaped brads are ace! Thanks for playing Hazel and welcome to Dottie's World. I'll pop off now to put you onto our blog list. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its fabulous Hazel! I've never been brave enough to even try printing on to acetate.

    It's a lovely card and I'm sure the receipients will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Hazel and great to see you playing along with Dottie's Challenge.
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card!! I love the brads.
    Thankyou for joining in the Challenge.
    Nicola.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hazel, so good to see you over on Dottie's World, thank you for joining in with the challenge. I love your card and yes, very brave working with acetate.

    Looking forward to seeing more Dottie's.

    love & hugs

    Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe....love your Dottie card Hazel X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous! Look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated