Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2009

Wednesday Stamper: gesso + ABC V is for violet

When I looked at Wednesday Stamper this week I thought I'd have a go. This is what it said: ' This week its all about GESSO. This is such awesome stuff, not only to prime things, but you can stamp with it, transfer with and even use it as a modelling paste. Show us your creations using gesso, but don’t forget to use at least one stamp.'

Well, I was going to go out today and buy some gesso, but my back has been very painful and I just didn't feel like it. I read somewhere that you could substitute gesso with white acrylic paint. So I took a piece of canvas (bought it a while ago in a pack - quite thin sheets of it) and spread it with white acrylic and while it was still wet I stamped into it with this Dawn Bibby design stamp (didn't use any ink, just the stamp). When it was dry, I chalked over the design and then used it to cover a piece of chipboard which has then been matted on to the card.


As this is a violet colour, I'm linking this as a second card for the ABC challenge V is for violet.


8 comments:

  1. that worked well Hazel, I like the
    grungy colouring on it . greta combination of vilolet/purple there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another super card Hazel, thanks for joining in the ABC challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this is really lovely and textural in real life

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great result Hazel - def worth experimenting. lovely colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow. Hazel. Goregous card indeed. Learn something new everyday as they say, did not know you could use white acrylic paint as a substitute for Gesso.
    I do have some of this fabulous stuff (gesso that is) mind you it is hidden somewhere in my stash. I do need to find it as I am wanting to try out a project with gesso.
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. More great stuff Hazel, the pocket card worked out really well and I love the effect you got here with the paint/chalk!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated