Pages

Wednesday 11 February 2009

Iris folding

I hadn't done any iris folding for ages and ages, but when I saw that this week's challenge on Inspire me Thursday was 'fold' I thought about it, so I got out the box of templates etc and this is what I've come up with:


I used scraps for the wall, moon and hearts and strips from inside envelopes for the folds for the cat. So I'm linking to Rosiedee challenge 21 set by Rosie to 'use up the scraps' and Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 18 'recycling' (it's worth keeping those envelopes - been in the box a long time).

On ABC challenge they are starting again today at the beginning of the alphabet and the topic is 'A for Anniversary', so this card is just right for that.

I enjoyed doing this - I mustn't leave iris folding so long again.

11 comments:

  1. Am liking the black and white in this. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and well done on recyling your envelopes for this weeks theme, thanks for joining us at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, simply beautiful work. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining in Hazel. I think that's a double qualification for the scrap usage - old envelopes?! Well done you, what a fab idea.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats gorgeous hazel and i adore cats :) xxx
    thanks for joining in again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabby recycling

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Hazel, love the Iris folding. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic, love the folding, wish i could do it x
    thank you for joining us this week on abc

    ReplyDelete
  9. great Card Hazel your recyled envelope look fab well done, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card- great iris folding - that cat is gorgeous.
    Thank you for taking part in this week's ABC challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated