Pages

Saturday 28 March 2009

Diamond wedding anniversary

This card uses Dawny's sketch 11, the challenge on Papertake this week:


This card was also going to be for Sunday Stampers week 52: diamonds are for ever, but when I'd finished the card I realised I hadn't used any stamping - d'oh!! So I'll be making another one for that.

Anyway, I am also linking this for Charisma Cardz challenge 12: my favourite things, because I just love lilac colours and also love using embossing folders and I have used both on this.

The piece of card that's been embossed with diamonds has a lovely subtle sheen to it and the piece overlaying this is iridescent and has a different look according to how the light catches.


Very soon now I have to make a commissioned diamond wedding anniversary card - it needs to be a large card for lots of people to sign, but I won't be tackling that today.

I'm also linking this for Paper Minutes 55: numbers (60 is quite a large number for the years to have been married).

7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the colours and the design, fantastic!
    Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz Challenge - good luck!
    Leanne :o)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazel, what a beautiful card. So elegant and classy. I love the sheen on the papers you've used. Thanks so much for joining the Charisma Cardz Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Hazel! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely Anniversary card. Love the card/papers you have used, I too love lilac. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful card and the couple who gets it........wow!! 60 years married - respect!!!
    Thanks for joining.

    Hugs, Heike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and lovly pearlised effect, just right for an anniversary.Thanks for joining the Charisma challenge.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated