Pages

Thursday 1 October 2009

Tartan it up

The challenge this week on DCM is 'tartin it up' - Sue said, 'I would like you to use some sort of tartan on your cards, fabric, ribbon, paper, even a piece of an old tartan rug(!)etc.'

I've used Kathy's sketch 11 from her sketch file. Kathy's sketch is called 'Simple eliptical' - she called it this because of the shape of the prominent sentiment on the sketch. I actually used a rectangular sentiment, but kept it quite large so that it is a central focus of the card.



Having said earlier in the week that I had some ribbon suitable for this challenge, in the end I didn't use it, but used a tartan paper from BG June bug. The green paper is also from that range.

This card also fits the challenge on 365 for day 156 which had an ad-inspired picture with green and red quite prominent.

Simon Says this week asks us to use red and green for a colour combo challenge.

10 comments:

  1. oh Hazel, what a great job you've done here. Fab card for the DCM challenge and I love the way the sketch works for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to put tartan with flower patterns but they really compliment each other.

    Great card Hazel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of great crafting Hazel. I love the Pumpkin card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you fit it all in! Love this one, the flower cluster looks great over the tartan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love the flowers and the papers are great!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    <3,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh what a lovely card Hazel ! I love the papers and ribbon you used and the sentiment is just gorgeous ,, I love how you did that ! :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and hope you pop back tomorrow for the 24 hour Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card - lots going on and it all works wonderful. Love the ribbon. :)

    Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    wonderful Card. Thanks for joining in the SSC this week.

    Domi
    and the Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, wonderful papers.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card.
    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge.

    Hugs
    Iris

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated