Pages

Wednesday 4 November 2009

Alcohol blending solution technique

A couple of days ago I happened to tune in to Create and Craft TV just as someone was giving a demo on using blending solution to get rid of areas of alcohol inks.

I thought I'd give it a go, so I used the holly cuttlebug embossing folder with silver metal and dabbed with meadow AI. I then went around the areas I didn't want inked with some blending solution, using a piece of lint for the bigger areas and cotton buds for the more fiddly bits.

I then stuck on lots of red gems of various sizes. I was intending on using this on a card for the Moving along with the times challenge 19 - I'll probably try and do this in the morning.

I haven't made a good job of this - please remember that it's my first attempt at doing this (I've used AIs quite a bit before, but haven't tried to get rid of some of it around an embossed image like this) - I think I should have tried an easier embossed image first - anyway this is the result:

7 comments:

  1. Love this ...I think its a clever idea and well executed...especially as it was a first go ... you can only get better and thus become brilliant at it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just fine to me Hazel! Love the red gems for the berries, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have made a great job Hazel ... fabulous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a very good 1st attempt hazel:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a FANTASTIC outcome--I would not even know it's a first. It's beautiful! I love the red gems combined w/ the metal..gives it a good play off of opposites: metal & bling.
    Great job!

    Purrs & Kisses,
    Kristal of Digi Kitty
    Freebies, challenges, and fun!
    www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a FANTASTIC outcome--I would not even know it's a first. It's beautiful! I love the red gems combined w/ the metal..gives it a good play off of opposites: metal & bling.
    Great job!

    Purrs & Kisses,
    Kristal of Digi Kitty
    Freebies, challenges, and fun!
    www.thedigikitty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated