Pages

Saturday 23 January 2010

Da vinci tag

It's a long while since I've done anything for the challenges on UKStampers - as a new series has just begun I thought I'd try and join in again. This is the instruction:

'Each week there will be 3 ingredients to include in your tag.
The first week include all 3, the next week 1 ingredient will be dropped and 1 new one added and so on.......... a rolling recipe.
Each week make a tag 8x16cm and post your finished tags on the blog..........until we get a gallery!

We'll start off easy! Here's this weeks ingredients

1 Any stamped image.
2.Lace.
3.Glitter.


I decided to incorporate the Leonardo stamp that I had for Christmas (I used it before here).

I chose a piece of beige cardstock that had a texture to it and brayered it using a couple of Ariondack rainbow ink pads. I then added a little distress tattered rose (I've discovered this needs to be re-inked or replaced), sanded it a bit and then stamped my image and heat embossed with black detail. I only had cream lace, so I brayered that a bit and then added strips of stickles gold - I wasn't really keen on adding the glitter, but it was in the recipe, so I thought I ought to!

I had to take the photo at an angle because otherwise the black embossed areas reflected the flashlight too much.

This also fits these other challenges:

Wednesday stamper: 'da Vinci' - this is why I chose this stamp
Tanda teaser 130: 'a touch of lace'
No time to stamp? 123: 'very vintage'
Another for Magical crafts 6: 'vintage style'
Another for Gingersnap GC38 spicy supply challenge: 'embossing powder'
Another for Lucy's cards 4: 'glitter'

15 comments:

  1. You've been very busy Hazel. The Love card is so sweet and your gothic arch is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorjus hun love all the textures hugs cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow a great vintage tag!
    Thanks for playing at Magical Crafts.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is lovely Hazel, the lace adds a beautiful touch!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh beautiful tag Hazel. Looks like it was great fun to make. :) Hope you get chance to make the other 2 tags. Good luck. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT Vintage design! So glad you joined us for the Stamp Simply challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Love the image and aged mysterious look the colors give!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great vintage tag - thanks for joining us at MCFC
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag (and gosh, I haven't been over to UKS for ages - must put that right!). I think the glitter works very well with the lace and the image - all looks suitably vintage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag, the lace is a romantic touch!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated