Pages

Monday 18 January 2010

A night at the cinema

This card is quite different to the normal sort that I would make - and I haven't a clue what I'll do with it, but nevermind - it's good sometimes to make something a little out of the ordinary.

This was inspired by three current challenges:

ColourQ 15:
Ann's creative nook 74: 'be inspired by fabric' - from the Etsy site: KaraMia Sofia - I chose medium make-up pouch/clutch/(Amy Butler) Temple Garden Lime:

and lastly the 'ad inspired' picture on 365 day 315 (particularly the grey):

I'd seen a couple of challenges that are to do with dragons and I remembered I had some DCWV epoxy stickers that I got when I did Leigh's CJ pages on dragons - so I found the remaining ones and have used them together with part of a 12 x 12 K & Co paper, also cutting out the 'popcorn' and tickets from another part of the paper.

The challenges I'm referring to are:

KL stampin' n scrappin' 13: 'appreciate a dragon day' (apparently there really is such a day) - to use dragons/reptiles

Cinema Saturday 62: 'A night at the museum':
- add something miniature (the green dragon)

So here is my card:

It's also another one for Susie's Sassy 6: 'card for a boy with the added option of an animal'

17 comments:

  1. Hazel this is just fantastic!!! I LOVE the collage, eclectic look of your card. And what a way to combine so many challenges that incorporated some of the same colors!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has a vintage feel with the terrific collage. Love your style, Hazel. GREAT job with our challenge. Thanks for joining us again at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vintage-movie theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you get your inspirations and the result is really stunning. What talent :-)
    We launched our new blog shop yesterday and would really appreciate any feedback/comments.
    http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/
    Thanks. A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great. Loved reading of your tought process to arrive at the card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic fabby card. Well done for squeezing in all those challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is very different hazel,and very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did well with this Hazel - it looks almost more like a collage picture for the wall than a card - maybe you could add a frame and give it as a present to some theatre/cinema loving friend

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab collagey card Hazel. Loving all the elements in it xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the retro look of this! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great retro collage look Hazel, fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! What a cool looking card you have created! Awesome!! LOVE the retro inspired images that you have - awesome way to put all of these creations together!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Cinema Saturday Hazel!!! Hope you had a lot of fun and will play along with us again!!!
    Big hugs!
    Sankari :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another stunner Hazel
    Thanks for joining in this weeks at Susie's Sassy Challenge we hope you will join us again next Thrusday
    Love Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hazel! Thanks so much for joining us this week on Cinema Saturday... Love the vintage theme.. I really need to see the second movie all these dragons on cards.. I have to get on the ball..
    LOVE your Amy Butler project.... I made the Birdie Sling bag... So fun..

    HUGS
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is awesome Hazel! I love the vintage feel of it! Thank you for participating with the KLSNS Challenge, we truly appreciate it!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool, Hazel! Love the collage look! Thanks so much for playing along at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated