Pages

Monday 22 February 2010

BF February ATCs: flowers

The topic for the February ATC swap on BF is flowers. I've simply used one of my favourite flower stamps by Anita - it was one of the first stamps I owned and I still love it. I used textured card that I don't think would have taken too kindly to colouring with copics, so I decided to give them a rest and get the Sakura pens out - I used to use these a lot, but they've taken a back seat with copics being so popular.I dotted some crimson metallic on the petals and then blended with a white pen. The blue background to the blocks was done with an ordinary colouring pencil.

I felt tempted to make these more elaborate, but in the end I felt that they looked right as they are.


5 comments:

  1. Those are really pretty Hazel, I love the dotty petals x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Hasel..with the daisy for me, less is more. These are lovely. Magenta have a lovely tulip image across 3 boxes, reminded me of it immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fab Hazel, the blending on the petals looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated