Pages

Wednesday 10 February 2010

White space with a hint of pink

This card is for the sketch on today's 365 cards, calling for white space.

I have to admit that I cheated a bit on the white space. I ran some white card through my cuttlebug and embossed with an Ellison paisley texture plate (had a lot of goes at this before I had success because I couldn't remember the 'sandwich' recipe because I haven't used these plates for some time). I then slightly tinted the paisley texture with a pale pink chalk.

Instead of a circle, I recylced a lovely fabric covered dress that I saved from a card (shop bought) that was given to me. This fits nicely with today's Cuttlebug be inspired challenge 70: 'fabric galore'.

Secret crafter Saturday 69 is 'monochrome tones of one colour and white' and it's another card for La-la land 25: 'no DP'. I can't believe I've made a couple of cards today without touching any patterned paper.


It was difficult to get a photo (hence the light shining on the dress) - will try and take a better photo in daylight tomorrow and replace.

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the embossed background.

    Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very stylish look to this and well done on a bit of recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely lovely and oh-so-girly:)
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Another gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing with us at La-La Land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OO La La!! Very pretty and elegant! Love that li'l white dress and your CBed background. Thanks for playing along with us at Lala Land Crafts! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. such pretty colors to work with, this a great card for the cuttlebug be inspired challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card thanks for joining us at SCSC

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card and I love the way you've incorporated your fabric! Thanks for playing along at the Cuttlebug Challege Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WoW This is beautiful..`Thanks`for joining in with the cuttlebug Challenges:)
    Terrie
    http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Weekly Challenge!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant - love the dress and embossed background! Thanks for playing with us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated