Pages

Thursday 4 March 2010

Salt challenge

It's Salt challenge day again (how two weeks goes by).

These past two weeks have actually been difficult ones for us - to be honest I was wondering how I was going to tackle Kim's topic - you can read about it here.

In the end, I went for the most simple response. Every time I tried to think of what to do, the verse from Deuteronomy 6:5 was uppermost in my thoughts, echoed by the words of Jesus in Matthew 22:37ff.

Originally I thought of making some sort of plaque that I could put up in my craft room. However, I'd found a picture of flames somewhere on the internet (sorry, can't acknowledge, because can't remember where) - so I simply added the text to it and saved this as my computer desktop background - I've hidden all my desktop icons. So this is something I'll see on a regular basis - a daily reminder to put God first in my life.

Please go and have a look at Salt at the creations of other team members - and we would love you to respond and make something for the challenge.

6 comments:

  1. What an inspired idea Hazel. I love it! And I hope it will bring you comfort and strength for the days to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pefect Hazel! I love the fire image, it reminds me of being "on fire" for Christ! :-) Thank you for your submission and I pray that this weekend goes as well as can be expected...will be praying for you and John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Hazel. I wouldn't know where to start putting a piece like this together. :) Best wishes for Friday.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a striking piece Hazel! Will be keeping you and John in my prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, we need to be refined in the Fire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful response for the challenge Hazel!! We prayed for you in school today and will again tomorrow - prayers for comfort and strength!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated