Pages

Thursday 3 June 2010

Jazz it up

This week's challenge 22 on Stampin' royalty is quite an unusual one - 'jazz it up' - 'Find an old project, card, scrapbook layout or My Digital Studio project and jazz it up - make sure to post your before and after picture'.

This is the original card I made last year - you can read about it here -

and it's been sitting in one of my boxes ever since, so I decided that I would take 'mum' off it and 'jazz it up' with some layered flowers and a Happy Birthday.

This is also for:

Charisma 22: 'flowers'
One powerful hour: 'I love that colour but never use it ....' - yellow and blue together
Challenge up your life 21: 'recycling' - the whole card! and the striped blue and white paper was the inside of an old envelope
Stamp away with me (W plus9) colour cue 4: 'white, navy, light yellow, light blue'
By the cute and girly June challenge: 'something old (the original card), something new (the added flower and sentiment) , something borrowed (the striped blue and white paper was 'borrowed' - or recycled - from an old envelope) , something blue (plenty of blue on the card'

12 comments:

  1. this is an amazing card hazel! i love all those recycled objects, especially the idea with the envelope is really cool! thanks for joining us at CUYL! hugs, manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute tea cup set! I like blue and yellow together..they make green! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely new card - I love the new flower and your choice of colors! Thanks for playing at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the change! The flower is really pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow seems to be one of those much loved but rairly used colors...I love how you combined it with the bright blue...it really makes it stand out.

    Thanks for joining us at One Powerful Hour!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and happy card!! love the colours :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job 'jazzing it up' I LOVE your new card! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin’ Royalty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, fabulous card, wonderful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooow, Hazel! I always recall your blog - you are the QUEEN of challenge combining! I'm here from Dawn's Color Cue and delighted for it! You've done a smashing job! Thanks for joining us this round! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool. I love how you jazzed up your project. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the texture on your images...looks embossed. Gorgeous card!

    Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovley bold card!

    Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated