Pages

Thursday 10 June 2010

Salt: mother

Gosh, don't the weeks go by quickly - it doesn't seem two days ago since the last Salt challenge and yet here we are again two weeks on with another one.

Julie chose the topic for this fortnight and you can read what she wrote here. It would be lovely if you could spend a bit of time and visit the Salt blog to see the lovely creations of others on the team and perhaps make something to share with us - just leave us a comment with a link so we can come and look at your creation.

I wasn't sure what to do for this challenge. I've never had children of my own, although I would have dearly loved to have had them, but when I married John nineteen years ago I gained two stepsons who were teenagers at the time and I've very much looked on them as my own, not denying, of course, that they still have a mum.

I thought of depicting a mother from the Bible, but no crafting inspiration came to me. In the end I felt that the obvious thing to do was to focus on my mum, so this simple LO is devoted to her. She is now 88 and in reasonable health for her age.

The papers are DCWV, the scalloped felt across the bottom is Anna Griffin, the centre of the flower is a prima 'say it in studs' (I love these and my supply has nearly gone - think I must get some more).

I apologise that the blue on brown wasn't easy to photograph - it says 'my mother is the heart of our family'. As usual, you can enlarge the picture by clicking on it.

7 comments:

  1. hazel,thats a lovely LO :) great picture of your mum too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet photo of your Mom! And a great idea to focus the challenge on her!! Beautiful layout, love the brown and blue together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely Hazel and how good to see your mum. Those blues match perfectly! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful layout Hazel!! I love the different patterns for your letters and the beautiful picture of your mother - perfect for the challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely tribute, such a happy photo. thanks for your message too hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely layout and a very happy smiley mum you have there Hazel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is delightful Hazel. What a perfect match of photo, papers and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated