Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Time for another tidy up

It's Wednesday again, which means WOYWW 62 on Julia's blog.

I can't believe that most of the stuff on my work surface is to do with the baubles embossed Christmas card I made last night. I did quite a bit of experimenting with embossing, sanding, inking etc - the finished card is in the post below - but now I see it in daylight I don't think I even like it, so I might do some more experimenting. One of the things I tried was embossing straight on to the front of an A6 card, but I obviously was more tired that I realised because I ended up with debossing instead of embossing. Oh well, you can't make an omelette without cracking eggs.

In the first photo you can see the Paper Pretties stamp that I won in a recent challenge - I'll blog about that next.



So, it's time for a tidy up ... and then I can start all over again!

Apologies to those who show their workspaces on WOYWW - I just don't get round to leaving comments because there are now so many blogs to visit. However, I am very grateful for all those who leave comments for me - I really am.

Oh, and some of you were wondering whether I'm taking on the 300 Christmas cards commission - yes, I am - the initial card needs preparing on computer, including a photo which I've already altered successfully - and then printing, so no actual 'crafting' involved.

18 comments:

  1. Hi ya Hazel
    lovely creative space, well done on your win, happy tidying, have great day, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. my space usually looks a bit like this after a 'little' play, it's amazing what you pull out in the process lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice desk you have there - I too craft at night and then wonder why in the daylight! still keeps us busy doesnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone with a desk (I work on the floor) - no matter how big - it's always full with no space to craft.... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you really have got a lot of things out Hazel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh the wider picture! Usually I can't believe how much crafting you do because your desk looks so tidy - nice to see a bit of messing going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab crafting space you have.gosh 300 cards i have 75 thought that was alot ,im no where near thatyet.Thats without my own personnel use and the commission c
    shop i sell at......Good luck
    hugs thanks for sharing
    judex

    ReplyDelete
  8. They don't have those commission shops in the US, at least none that I know of. I would be really tired by the time I made 300 cards. I made 100 pieces (not cards) for a swap once and swore never to do it again. Good luck. And happy WOYWW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you use the floor as well - you want to see mine - we can never have enough space can we.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Aren't you busy! Do the shelves below the right side of your desk slide in and out? That's clever. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the card Hazel, love the colour. And I think it's ok to have a debossed image too
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel I love your card, it's beautiful and such a fantastic colour too. Hope you got your space all nice and tidied up ready for the next project. Well done on the win too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your crafting space hun :0)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the nosey on the desk, Love Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh what a lot of fab stash there !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great space thats a serious amount of cards you've made
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your storage system allows you to make a mess on your desk without actually making a mess at all - you just have to put the boxes away! Genius, Hazel! Hope the playing yields results you like...i expect you'll develop a whole new technique!! Good news about the card commission, am really pleased to hear that.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated