Pages

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Growing up is optional

This is a very simple card that uses a picture from a recycled card, with the addition of text generated on my Dymo letratag. I'm afraid the picture isn't good because the light is poor. The card is totally black and white.

It's for:

Crafty Ann 23: 'monochrome'
2 sisters 6: 'monochromatic'
Paper romance 15: 'clean & simple'
Inspiration Avenue: 'metamorphosis' - child to woman and back to childhood!
Mixed media Monday: 'I have been wanting to ...' play hopscotch!
The three muses 68: 'the printed word'
The treehouse 66: 'recycle'
Frosted designs: 'quote challenge'

15 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card. Great quote and that pic. is too funny. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is great. I agree with the quote completely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super tradtional card Hazel. Thank you for joining as at Crafty Ann's this week and hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree more!! What a fun card to give!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frosted Designs!
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! What a fun and inspirational piece! Fits exactly with the opening words of my profile on my blog, "I am no longer young but I refuse to grow up!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea...I love the picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! It's perfect for metamorphosis. Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Avenue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann, what a fun card. I too like to recycle cards. Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann’s Challenge this fortnight. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Told you I would be back (grin). Love this quirky take on metamorphosis.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fab card, that sentiment is great!! Love it :-)
    thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. taking one of my favorite childhood games and linking with a youtfhul spirit-very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the statement! Love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great photo, just love it and hoping I too am able to hopscotch in later years!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful and inspiring post!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated