Pages

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Zentangle

Zentangle is something I've sometimes thought of trying, but never have - although I used to doodle to my heart's content at times when perhaps I shouldn't have been doing it.

Well, I saw that Frankie's TIO 66 challenge for Dragons dream tags this week is 'zentangle', using at least one real stamp. I have to say that I was nearly put off trying with the thought of incorporating a stamp - and then I remembered that I bought this stamp ages ago and have often wondered why I bought it because it doesn't seem to be that 'usable'. I think I was attracted to it in the first place because it is a Magenta stamp (I have quite a few of this make) and thought it might come in useful.

So I stamped on to the top half of the tag, just using the bottom two-thirds of the stamp without the frame lines at the sides, which then gave a basis for building up the zentangle. I'm quite pleased with it as it is my first attempt.

I'm also linking this for the 'black and white' challenge this week on The three muses and 'black and white' for ECP 30.

It's also for:

Iris' spot 12: in with the new, out with the old - a new technique
Woodware 12: anything but a card
Paper romance: anything but a card
If the shoe fits Fashionista Friday 64: anything but a card

17 comments:

  1. Love it! Your first try looks great! It sounds cool and I must try it sometime! Great way to incorporate an old or unused stamp!

    Thanks for joining us at Iris's Spot!

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use that stamp..it does make a good base start.. Thanks for dreaming with me this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Hazel..beware it can be addictive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Hazel. I guess I misunderstood the challenge, but that's par for the course. I love how you used your stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this before but you have me inspired :)

    Great work!

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great zentangling! You will find it becomes addictive. It fits in well with our black and white challenge this week. Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I saw this once before but not as impressive and creative as this!! Very cool, great technique! Thanks for your faithful participation in the WWUSA challenges!!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has made a beautiful tag. Great work.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, this is so intricate! thanks for playing along with this week's woodware challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with this Hazel. I really like the pattern on that stamp, but I wouldn't know what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never tried zentagling but I see I must. This is stunning and very interesting piece and thank your for bringing it to the Three Muses this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super Hazel. This was a fitst try for me too, isn't it fun.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. i see what you mean about the stamp hazel! it's made a great starting point for the zentangle:)
    great work:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi what a neat technique! Simply creative. Thanks so much for joining us at Iris' spot this week!
    Denise
    Iris' spot DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool tag. Thanks for joining us at iris' Spot.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated