Pages

Sunday 21 July 2013

Gelli plate flowers


Yesterday afternoon I took my gelli plate, paints and various papers and stencils etc up into the summerhouse and played with making prints.

As well as using some plain card, I tried out some printing on patterned paper. I used an offcut of My Mind's Eye Andrea Victoria (the reverse side of golden damask), using a mini echoes stencil by The cafters workshop that I bought last week at Craftability in Ipswich with some brown acrylic paint.

The offcut of paper wasn't big enough to use as a background, so I decided to make a couple of wacky flowers (still not sure that I like them - bit different for me) by tearing rough circles and creating stems and leaves out of bits left over, just adding a circular sentiment.


This is for:

Less is more 129 theme: hand made flowers
Daring cardmakers: paint effects
Totally papercrafts 176: make your own flowers
Crafting when we can 49: floral
Pixie's crafty snippets week 82

6 comments:

  1. Well I love this card Hazel! Brilliant roses and impressive use of your Gelli plate too. A great snippetws make indeed!

    Watch that goat!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. brilliant stuff Hazel, and such a good idea to print onto printed...am quite inspired by you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours Hazel, I've heard gelli plates mentioned a few times and must check the technique out :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love playing and messing with ideas too. I've never looked into the Gelli plates but I've seen them around quite a lot so will have to investigate!

    Thank you for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers!
    x Leo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting flowers Hazel! Great idea.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fab Hazel, very very artistic and I can imagine it being sold in one of those expensive boutiques - I will keep trying to win a Gelli plate or wait til Xmas and get DH buy it for me hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated