Pages

Sunday 23 February 2014

Teenage birthday card


One of my great nephews is sixteen today and this is the card I sent him.

I  used some papers that I haven't used for a long time (mainly because I can never think quite how to use them) - they seemed appropriate for the card I wanted to mak - Artic Frog Sunday Brench . I also used some sentiment paper for the middle panel which was from an Art & Craft Bloc (I bought lots of these years ago and don't think I'd manage to use them up even if I used a piece on every card for the next few years - not sure why I bought so many at the time, but I suppose we all do that at times!).

The new element is a bicycle paper clip, so it clipped niftily behind the panel before being glued down.  I bought  a pack of these in different colours from Tiger who have recently opened a shop in Bromley - they sell all sorts of things - it's a good place for a look around.

Inspired by this Pinterest picture for Pinspirational challenge 95, which this week is 'anything goes:



This is also for:

Catered crop: good birthdays
Artistic inspirations 79: anything goes/masculine
Melonheadz friends: for the boys
Dare to be sassy Thursdays 217: it's raining men
A little bit crafty February: man up
De creatieve Zebra 6: men
Crafty bloggers network February: all about boys
Crafting by designs February
Card and scrap 70: hip hip hooray - everything can be celebrated
Sister Act 45: anything goes

6 comments:

  1. This paper is so well suited to this type of card. well done you!
    I have been trying to use up paper too,,,but I safely think I could never buy any ever again and still have some leftover when I am too old to manage to craft anymore!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. The bike is super cute.
    Thanks for playing with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges.
    Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for joining us at DCZ, good luck.

    Folkje

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project for our February Anything Goes Challenge at Crafting By Designs. Thanks so much for sharing with us this month, pop back next Wednesday for our March challenge! Thanks, Mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kjempeflott kort dette også :)
    Tusen takk for at du deltar på utfordringen vår :)

    Unni
    Card and Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no doubt your nephew loved getting this card! You did an amazing job! Thanks so much for joining us at Melonheadz Friends. I look forward to seeing your next project. Hope you will join us again soon!
    Blessings,
    Tiffany DT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated