Pages

Sunday 16 February 2014

White Christmas


It was my turn to set the challenge for the Christmas Card Club for today.

Anyway, my challenge to the team was:

I love seeing snowflakes on Christmas cards (although I don't actually like snow in reality) and I love seeing 'white on white' cards, so please make a card that either features snowflakes or that is all white.

Well, I went for both - snowflakes and all white (well a bit of silver crept in, but I think that's allowed - lol!).

I used some beautiful pearlescent paper that has a spotted look that changes a bit according to the way the light shines. I used some to cut the snowflakes using a set of Die'sire snowflakes dies run through my eBosser - these are quite fiddly dies, but work well if wax paper is used between the die and the paper (and the paper is free from a cereal pack - I now have John well trained to hand them over when the box is empty!).

The organza ribbons with silver gems were from Hobbycraft and I used matching gems to decorate the centres of the snowflakes.The sentiment was rescued from a card received.

As is always the case, it was very difficult to get a photo of all the white - and I've just realised that the way I cropped the photo has made  the  sentiment look crooked, whereas it itsn't really.



This is also for:

Facebook A card a day
Crafting by designs February
CRAFT 246: Christmas
The 12 months of Christmas card link up
Robyn's fetish 199: add lots of snow
Card and scrap 70: hip hip hooray - everything can be celebrated
Penny's 164: monochrome
Open-minded crafting 4: monochrome
Little Claire 42: monotone
Whoopsi Daisy: include a sentiment
Aud sentiments 100:  bingo - I chose the top  line monochrome colours, 'two word sentiment', use texture of some type
Brown sugar 81: use a die cut or punch
Sparkles Christmas 37: anything goes
Scribble and scrap 12: anything goes
DL.ART February: anything goes
Sister Act 44: anything goes
Make it Monday 177

29 comments:

  1. Snowflakes are my favorite of all winter. Lovely work.

    Thanks for playing at Whoopsi Daisy.
    DT Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL I LOVE THE WHITE ON WHITE!! I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes February Linky Party. Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. White on white perfect for our challenge at Open-Minded challenges this fortngiht, thanks for joining our monochromatic challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. This really is a WOW card Hazel. Absolutely gorgeous and I love it! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!
    Thanks for entering our C.R.A.F.T. Challenge this week!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Hazel, plenty of festive sparkle and bling.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Hazel. I love Snowflakes too. Thank you for choosing such a lovely challenge. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Hazel and that paper is amazing, I really do like it and that gorgeous ribbon soooo much. I do think you are right with the bit of silver in there 'cos it just adds that oomph!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Hazel and thanks for a lovely challenge. I see we had similar thoughts. I love the snowflakes too! Zx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful! Love the ribbon.. that is some fantastic ribbon!! Love the little bit of silver with the white!! Gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you Hazel this was a lovely challenge to do....love snowflakes and I like the card you have made...all that work on the ribbon ....love;ly xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab challenge to do Hazel! I've never done white on white before but I really enjoyed it and your card just shines!! its gorgeous huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great challenge word Hazel - I love snowflakes and all white as well. Gorgeous card. Love the ribbon.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is stunning Hazel! Thank you for picking white and/or snowflakes CCC challenge. I used both white on white with snowflakes - love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow this is simply wonderful
    Thank you for playing along with us at C.R.A.F.T this week good luck in the draw
    Lindyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful WOW card Hazel. Thanks for another great challenge. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great flurry of flakes! Like you, I prefer them on cards to real ones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Hazel
    Fabulous white Snowflake card... Thanks for the Challenge....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely, Hazel. I really like the look of the gems on the ribbon..it is so pretty and sparkly!

    Funny thing how all the husbands aroundblogland are so well trained to save and scout out things for us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The iciness is much nicer on a card, than IRL. This one is just gorgeous & shimmery with all the pearl paper & silver glitter. Love those pretty snowflakes and sparkling rhinestones trimming the flakes & ribbons. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful snowy scene. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge and Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. How beautiful is that, Hazel! Gorgeous snow flakes and perfect for you CCC theme. Love it.
    hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the snowflakes, lovely creation. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  24. As usual I've scrolled trhough the cards you've shared since my last visit and picked my favourite to leave a comment on

    Hope by now you're starting to feel better

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow I have so much trouble doing white on white but yours is just fabulous!!! Love it!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely beautiful card dearie.Love it.Thanks for joining in with us over at Sparkles Christmas.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful! Thanks again for joining us at Card and Scrap!
    DT Unni A

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great card Hazel.

    Love the snowflakes.

    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated