Pages

Thursday 16 August 2007

Commissioned cards

A friend rang last night asking if I could do three cards for her. These are for a wife and husband who will both be celebrating their 50th birthday (I don't think there's any chance of them stumbling across my blog, so I think I can safely show them). The brief was for the lady's card to incorporate blue and a touch of pink:

The man's card was more or less left to me to decide, except I was asked for 'something quite bright' - I'm hoping that this will be OK. The little shirt and waistcoat are from a pack I bought at Lakeland when we went to Chichester from Bognor - thought they would come in handy sometimes when I haven't got time to fiddle making my own. The bow tie is a brad from a set that I bought earlier this week - I didn't know then that I'd be asked for this card, so it's worked out just right - and just the right colours for the scheme:

Papers are DCWV.

It's taken me so long to do these cards and I've got stuff all over the place now. I need to have a rest, then a tidy up, before I tackle the wedding day card that's been requested.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to offer to send Chloe round

    but you clearly do not need her - they are both lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh really wonderful two cards !! I like the first "happy birthday" card too much. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated