Pages

Wednesday 26 September 2007

HS:MS jug

A container from which eases the pouring of liquid. Show us your jugs! A-hem.

When I first had my own home in 1977, I bought a couple of sturdy, heavy brown jugs. I hardly ever use them now (although they often come out at Christmas time as an extra to hold custard or whatever). They remind me of the song:

Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Little brown jug, don't I love thee!
Ha, ha, ha, you and me,
Little brown jug, don't I love thee!

So here is one of them:

7 comments:

  1. I love that jug, Hazel! I can just imagine pouring real ale... or cider or something. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little brown jug. Also love your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a nice sturdy jug. Your Christmas cards look wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh it's an age since I heard that song. Think we used to sing it at Brownies . . . or maybe with my grandparents. I certainly remember it well :)

    This is a fab jug. Very sturdy. lol at Bobs :D.

    I never have enough jugs at Christmas and have to get out the pyrex measuring ones! Awful!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah that is one glazed jug, i remember that song too but lord knows where from!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the glaze on that jug, beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. whoa! a shining shimmering little brown jug! great shot too! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated