Pages

Saturday 11 April 2009

Diamond wedding anniversary

I was asked to make a Diamond Wedding Anniversary card for a lady and her husband who has been a member of our WEF at church for many years. I think I'm safe in showing it here because I don't think the lady concerned comes on to the internet. If by any chance you do, Audrey, then please look away NOW!!!

The background paper is a pastel rainbow effect with an overlay of a 'material' feel paper that has sparkly swirls woven into it. The scan doesn't do it justice and the light's too poor now to get a reasonable photo. I'm taking it tomorrow morning to give to the leader of WEF to pass around and have signed, but if I can I'll take a quick picture before I go.

This is an A4 size card so that the insert is big enough for everyone to sign.

You can get a better idea of the detail if you click on the picture to see it larger.




Now I've started crafting again I'm tempted to continue, but I really ought to be disciplined and carry on with sorting my craft stuff. This morning I spent time sorting out sentiments and 'relatives' (no, not the real ones!) and putting each category in a little bag and boxing them all up - took quite a time, but will save time when I want to find 'husband', for instance, I won't now have to rummage through all of them to find a suitable one:

3 comments:

  1. Now there is organisation for you, well done you! nice card too :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel your card is beautiful. It is going to be loved & treasured. So much detail has gone into this card. Love the ribbon around the bouquet it's beautiful & so thoughtful of you to make such a special card. It's a great shot as well under such dire conditions.
    Well done for be so well organized with your craft stash. Gez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and super to do something personal for such a special occasion - I hope they have a very happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated