Pages

Sunday 21 March 2010

A tough challenge

Well, challenges are meant to be ... well ... challenging, so I decided I shouldn't duck out of a couple just because they asked us to use fabric. I thought of 'cheating' a little and using some ready made felt embellishments, but I thought that wasn't really the way to go.

So I got out my fabric box and found some pieces of furnishing samples - lovely plush-feeling material that I thought would be OK for the grass/ground. The stems of the flowers are some that I've had for ages, wondering what to do with them.

The challenge on Embellish Magazine is also a colour one, as well as fabric, asking us to use red, kraft, blue and green. I know that the cloudy sky paper is only pale blue, but it is blue, so I hope that counts.

The other challenge is for the Monday one on Fiskarettes.

This is also for:

week 11 on Prairie fairy, choosing the 'red and green' option
365 cards day 9: 'song inspired: what a wonderful world'
Another for No time to stamp? 131: 'CAS texture' - add texture but still keep it clean and simple
Stamping sisters for Christ 31: 'clean and simple'
Poppy seed 2: light moss is my chosen element
Moxie Tuesday trigger: 'texture + colour = fun! - inspired by this picture (particularly the colours of the cushion and the texture of the fabric:

I know this isn't the best card I've ever made, but sometimes it's good to step outside our comfort zone and do something that little bit different.

After that, I need a cup of tea and then find an easier challenge!

15 comments:

  1. This is awesome! What a piece of art!


    Thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, that looks very touchy feely - definitely strokeable! Well done on moving out of your comfort zone, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Hazel! I love this, you really rose to this challenge, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Hazel this is stunning those poppies are gorgeous the whole design is totally gorgeous I love it thank you so much for joining our challenge at Prairie Fairy this week.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo well done hazel! I love this!!!!!! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is beautiful. very creative and love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your card is lovely. Reminds me of the poppy fields in the Wizard of Oz. love how the red pops against the green, and how you've chosen your elements to create the flowers. I agree that Challenges are meant to be challenging, and I participate in a lot of them to stretch my creativity-at least once. Sometimes I like what I create and do it again, others, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful - fabric is clearly your thing looks stunning


    MY BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  9. If this is not your best then I need to see the rest of the cards because this is stunning! Great job on the CAS look. Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Hazel I love this piece of art work,love the design and details, the colours are beautiful.
    Thank you for joining us over at Prairie Fairy Friday this week.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Hazel! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty card! Thank you for sharing it with us at SSCC!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool way to add your flowers! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated