Pages

Sunday 19 May 2013

Feature a creature


It was my turn to choose the theme for today's Christmas Card Club challenge, so I chose 'feature a creature' - any, big or small - insects, birds, animals ... anything that can be classed as a 'creature'.

This gave me an opportunity to use one of my favourite Christmas stamps by Inkadinkado, inked with versamark and heat embossed with detail silver embossing. The background card is some left over from a Kanban kit that I bought long ago, mounted on to a sparkly stardream blue card blank. I cute the reindeer out with a nestie. I used an Anna Griffin greeting stamp, once again inked with versamark and heat embossed, cutting this out with a Die-namic fishtail die (I am so glad that I bought this set - so useful). I added a piece of Paper Cellar silver glitter strip and some My Mind's Eye all is bright gems.

The card for the reindeer and the greeting was from my scraps box.

The card is based on the sketch given for this week's Merry Monday on Always playing with paper (although I did deviate a bit):


Colours are for Soartful May challenge: night skies - dark blue, white, silver etc


This is also for:

Facebook A card a day
Pixie's crafty snippets week 73
Sugar creek hollow 61: clean it out - reindeer and sentiment backing were scraps and the background card has been in my stash for years
CRAFT 207: Christmas
My time to craft 222: Christmas in May
Sparkles 44: monochromatic
Allsorts 207: true blue
Incy wincy: animal antics
Dream valley 57: animals
Robyn's fetish 160: four legged friends
Oldie but a goodie: inspired by a song (and the stamp is definitely older than six months!)
Get inky 4: show us some die cuts
Let's craft and create 70: die cuts
Desert island 54: I chose blue, bling and a critter
Di's digi designs: show us your bling
A & T 24: bling
Alphabet: G for glitter and gems
The rubber buggy 7: anthing goes
Sister act 7: anythging goes
Scrappy frogs May: free choice challenge
DL.ART May linky party: anything goes
Inspire me Fridays 103
52 card pick-up 2.20

38 comments:

  1. Oh I love that paper. Great card! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I love all the silver on it. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Hazel, love the colours and the paper. Great theme too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!! This is stunning. Love the silver embossing and those critters are gorgeous! Thanks for a great challenge. I really enjoyed this one!
    Hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Hazel and great theme you chose huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Hazel! I just love how the image goes so well with the backing card - a really elegant Christmas card.

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic DSP Hazel, lovely image and card. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card with a great image and design. Thanks for joining in our challenge this week at Alphabet.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strangely I almost used reindeer too because I have some lovely paper. But your paper is great. The colours are beautiful. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful blue and silver sparkle. thanks for joining us at Di's digi challenge this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Hazel, I love the navy and silver and the wonderful reindeer! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simple beauty. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Hazel, such a shame Kanban closed their doors, can't believe how well the bp matches the stamped image! Thanks for joining in with us at Sparkles this month.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely paper and deer image. hanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the dark colour.
    Thank you for joining us at SCH this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Hazel, the image is so elegant and I love all the silver! Very chic!

    I hope your ankle is feeling better.

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous! Thanks for joining at Oldie but a Goodie: Inspired by a Song
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous creation!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the silver reindeer backing paper and love you image. Tres chic!The silver with the blue is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. just beautiful Hazel...really stunning colours and I agree its a fab stamp! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley this week x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card Hazel, it's very lush Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such an elegant Christmas card Hazel, I love blue with silver. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our True Blue challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Christmas card Hazel! I love the silver and blue color combo! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great minds think alike! I decided not to look at others before I made mine so I didn't copy I promise, but I have a reindeer too, but not as sparkly and bright as yours. This is lovely. Zx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love this card, Hazel. It's the combination of blue and silver as much as the creature that appeals to me. A great card. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. wonderful Christmas card,love the colour.. thanks for playing along with CRAFT this week x carol

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yes, I can see why it's a favorite stamp. Looks stunning on the dark background. I might have to get my heat gun out soon! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Hazel this is fabulous. I have this stamp and never thought to use it like this hunni. Brilliant.
    hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. great paper thanks for joining us at
    Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card Hazel, beautiful paper , I love blue and silver together, looks so elegant :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your reindeer Hazel very cute
    Thanks for playing along with our inspired by a song challenge at Oldie But A goodie and good luck
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful embossing! Fun to see Christmas cards start to pop up! Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your cute Reindeer Hazel - looks great in the blue and silver combo - thank you fro playing along at my time to craft this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very nice card - perfect for the "Bling" challenge at Di's Digi Designs
    Thanks for joining in, good luck and hope to see you next time too, Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. Stunning card!! gorgeous papers. Thank you for playing with us at The Rubber Buggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. A simple but very effective card. Thank you for joining us at A & T Emerald Faeiries. Good Luck xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated