Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Congratulations ...


... on your graduation.

This is the latest card I made yesterday, commissioned by a neighbour. It was one of those cards where I knew what I wanted to achieve, but couldn't quite get it how I wanted it. I spent time with another free png image with a mortar board and scroll, but whatever I did the black didn't come out printed well, it was a bit stripey ... whatever I tried to do ... it looked OK on screen, but not when printed out.

I persevered and found this free png image on the internet and digitally brought it to the front over the repeated words that I'd already created, adding the 'on your graduation'.

From the beginning of thinking through the card I knew I wanted to use the Congratulations edgeable die, another in the gemini set from Crafter' Companion. I cut this using a piece of red mirror card.

I was pleased with the result and so was my neighbour.



This is for:

Dies R us 150: just desserts - I've interpreted the challenge as the person graduating is getting their 'just desserts' from all the effort put in
Try it on Tuesday (Tuesday taggers): words/or numbers
Little red wagon 561: happy days
Simon says Wednesday: use your favourite tool - my Gemini die cutting machine (one of my favourite tools)
Digi choosday 31: anything goes
Jan's digital August: anything goes
LeAnn's world 101 29: anything goes
Through the craftroom door: anything goes
Penny's 477: anything goes
Cardz TV 120: anything goes
Crafts galore encore 78: anything goes
Morgan's ArtWorld 8: anything goes
Pearly sparkles 54: anything goes
Your scrapbook place August: anything goes
Love to craft 49: anything goes
Word art Wednesday 451: anything goes
Dare 2 B artzy August: anything goes
Crafty creations 412: anything goes
Crafting happiness 60: anything goes

16 comments:

  1. Super cute card...thank you for joining our 'SWEET' challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Any graduate would love to get this card. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very festive graduation card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! I'm so glad that you were able to work things out to print clearly. Your persistence paid off!

    Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute card! Someone will be doubly happy when they get it. :)


    Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Hazel.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous creation Hazel! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking! Love the red mirrorcard. Thanks for joining us at Pearly Sparkles Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've had issues with stripey images too! Glad it wasn't your printer, just the image. I'll have to remember that if it happens to me again. I love the layout of your card and that die is gorgeous in mirror cardstock! Love it all so much! Helps that its the same colors as my son's high school 😉 Thank you so much for sharing this beauty with us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge and please forgive my tardy commenting. These strange times we live in have messed up my routine!
    ~Karen Page, DT Member for Jan's Digi Stamps
    Blog: MisplacedMojo.com IG: @misplacedmojo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the great edge die - worked so perfect on this card! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a striking congratulatory creation with the mirrored die cut. Thank you Hazel for sharing your lovely card with us at Jan's digi blog challenge. Join us again each month for fun and prizes. HAPPY CRAFTING!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is perfect for a graduate! Love the colors used and the pop of red in the border!
    Thank you for participating in the D2BA August Challenge! –Tasha :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for joining us at challenge Le Ann's World 101 Challenge
    DT Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the cap and shine! Thanks so much for sharing this at Love to Craft. XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, this is just lovely!
    Thanks for joining us at LTCCB Challenge, we hope to see you again.
    Irena xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated