Pages

Thursday 17 January 2008

Salt: Encouragement

For this coming fortnight it's my privilege to set the topic for the Salt challenge - here's what I've said:

It's Hazel here; it's my turn to set the challenge this time and I've chosen

'Encouragement'

Here on Salt we have been very encouraged by your comments and by the wonderful creations that you have shown us as together we have combined our faith and our love of crafting.

I love that verse in 1 Thessalonians 5:11: 'Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.' - in fact, there is so much about encouragement in those letters, and indeed, in other letters from Paul. Encouragement is such a blessing to receive and also to give.

We'd love to see your take on this challenge
so please leave us a comment when you are finished your piece,
so that we and others may see your work.

To get you inspired the team on Salt have come up with some beautiful pieces.

Please take a look at Salt


I decided to make a card for a friend who has been a great encourager. The background is a lilac parchment paper (from a pack that I bought by mistake, thinking it was card, although I should have realised why I thought it was cheap!). I stamped the swirly designs (I think the stamp is from HOTP)using Brilliance pearlescent purple (I love that colour) and embossed with pearl plum EP. I printed the 'Thank you for your encouragement' on the printer and then stuck the banner in the right place for it to print and quickly embossed with pearl plum when it came out of the printer. The vellum flowers (their beauty doesn't show up enough on the photo) I've had for ages from a QVC kit - I added a bit of depth to them by rubbing the ink pad over the back of them and embossing with the pearl plum. I finished off with a few Papermania lilac adhesive stones:

1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card, praying or you and John today.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated